Author Topic: MAD-IIc-A "Chainsaw"  (Read 802 times)

762 NATO

• View Profile
MAD-IIc-A "Chainsaw"
« on: December 15, 2016, 10:24:22 AM »

Its half-Kodiak, half-Timberwolf, but the better half of both.  Its hot, but doing well in Tier 2 PUG/Group and FW.

Cheers!

-NATO

GMan129

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: MAD-IIc-A "Chainsaw"
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 08:50:57 PM »
Yeah so far the two builds I'm looking at closely are basically that one and a version with uac5s

762 NATO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 09:03:10 AM »
Its a bit heavy on the ammo, which is nice in FW.  But for PUG or Group it might be improved by dropping a ton for a TarComp1.

Cheers!

762 NATO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 01:19:00 PM »
So, after "main"ing this mech since it dropped, I have the following to say:

HOLY SHIT BALLS THIS THING IS AMAZING!!

Also, I tried the UAC10, 2UAC5, 4MPL thing for a day (12-ish drops) and it was lackluster.  Too many jams.  The constant stream of dakka is neat, but spreads too much when the target is rolling damage.  Please remember that I am mostly a solo PUG player (more than 85%).

The key to this build is the weapon groups, as is often the case with mixed builds.  I run with Group 1 as Dakka, Group 2 as All Lazors, Group 3 as Left Arm, Group 4 as Right Arm, and Group 5 as LPL (even though they were nerfed, but sometimes you want them at 600 and the heat is not worth it for the ERMLs).  I retract my comment about the ammo drop for TarComp.  Not worth it.  Sometimes you just have to carry harder.  Group 1 is basically heat neutral when jamming happens.  Each arm is heat neutral after the LPL hits cooldown.

The modules (RIP, I will miss you guys) that I run are Radar Derp, Seismic, UAC10 Cooldown and erML Range.  I chose the erML range over the LPL Cooldown because it is hot enough already and I don't need help overheating it.  Also the range is just nice in general for those 400m pokes.

In summary, I love this mech.  It has done nothing but amazing things.  I haven't done this well in a mech since the KDK-3 pre-nerf.  Or for that matter, the Oxide pre-rescale.  I am not a comp player, so I end up with 3-6 KMDDs and 2-4 kills per match.  Often the KMDDs is more than double the kills.  My mentality on this is "I set them up, you knock them down".  My KDR is 1.67 in 8.5 hours (logged game time).  Overall, my KDR is lower than this.  33.5k damage in 71 matches.  But like I said, I am not a comp player. 

Enjoy! and Cheers!

-NATO
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 01:20:35 PM by 762 NATO »

Kerafyrm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 02:45:17 PM »
Personally I'm more of a dakka assault player, push in w team and don't worry about heat management and twist while jammed, so I opted out of the lasers in this mech.  Problem I found with having lasers in arms on this mech is that the arms get blown off so quickly that it wasn't worth it to even have them.  I'm purely a solo player, never done a game in a group, currently in tier 1 and as soon as people see the A variant, they immediately go for that right torso.  Due to that, I find that I have to be overly protective of my right side, and that leads to weapons in the left arm getting popped off really fast.  It still works though, I ran 4x MPL for lasers w 3xUAC5s I think.  Was pulling in around 500-700 a game easily, but usually lost 2 MPL really quickly so I dropped it and went with asymmetry build on right side only using PPCs.  Survivability went up a bit after this switch and it felt less wasteful because I can lose my left arm and not care about it.  UAC5x3 can run w 2 PPCs and its literally the 3R but better, a little too hot for my taste though.  I'll be testing the UAC10+2xUAC5s PPC in FP tonight per recommendations of GMan.  Been using a 2xUAC10, UAC2+PPC build to great success though, and its really simple on the hands, 2 weapon groups, 1 UAC group, other one is PPC+UAC2.

current stats for mech so far:  1 hr 45 min played.  6 win, 8 loss.  .75 W/L, 20 kill, 8 death, 2.50 k/d.  just finished getting 3 of the chassis's first 8 skills, so I think I will go on and elite this one first.  The other 3 from the reg pack are just laser voms...tried lrms on them, hated lrms.