I've built a tool which works out dropdecks based on a set of Smurfy builds and was wondering whether any of the comp guys would be willing to give it a go with MRBC and other comp leagues in mind. I've already spread it around MercStar a bit for people to try optimise their dropdecks for CW but I really built it for comp.
So guys with real dropdeck building experience, I'm asking you to have a look and let me know what you think.
On the technical side, it's a C# .NET WPF application which hooks into Smurfy and is properly multithreaded to do the quite heavy computational task of working out dropdecks. It's currently hosted on Azure using ClickOnce.
If none of that means anything to you, the basics are:
- It's hosted on Azure (Microsoft Cloud).
- It installs as a desktop application (so shortcuts in Start menu etc).
- It'll ask to auto-update when a new version is released by me.
- It requires .NET 4.5 Framework to run (thus OS version > Windows XP).
The installer is located at: https://mwodropdecktool.blob.core.windows.net/mwodropdecktool/setup.exe
And a tutorial on how to use it: http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/219965-dropdeck-tool/
I'm most interested in:
- What you think makes it good
- What you think makes it bad
- What you would like to see added
- What you would like to see removed/made easier